Japanese Dictation Toolkit -- 1999 version
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA), Japan
"Japanese Dictation Toolkit" is a product of the Advanced Information Technology Program Project of Information-technology Promotion Agency(IPA), Japan. IPA reserves the copyright thereto. However, as long as you accept and remain in strict compliance with the terms and conditions of the license set forth herein, you are hereby granted a royalty-free license to use "Japanese Dictation Toolkit" including the source code thereof and the documentation thereto (collectively referred to herein as the "Software"). Use by you of the Software shall constitute acceptance by you of all terms and conditions of the license set forth herein.
1. So long as you accept and strictly comply with the terms and conditions of the license set forth herein, IPA will not enforce the copyright or moral rights owned by IPA in respect of the Software, in connection with the use, copying, duplication, adaptation, modification, preparation of a derivative work, aggregation with another program, or insertion into another program of the Software or the distribution or transmission of the Software. However, in the event you or any other user of the Software revises all or any portion of the Software, and such revision is distributed, then, in addition to the notice required to be affixed pursuant to paragraph 2 below, a notice shall be affixed indicating that the Software has been revised, and indicating the date of such revision and the name of the person or entity that made the revision.
2. In the event you provide to any third party all or any portion of the Software, whether for copying, duplication, adaptation, modification, preparation of a derivative work, aggregation with another program, insertion into another program, or other use, you shall affix the following copyright notice and all terms and conditions of this license (both the Japanese original and English translation) as set forth herein, without any revision or change whatsoever.
3. IPA is licensing the Software, which is the trial product of research and development, on an "as is" and royalty-free basis, and makes no warranty or guaranty whatsoever with respect to the Software, whether express or implied, irrespective of the nation where used, and whether or not arising out of statute or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranty or guaranty with respect to quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, absence of defects, or absence of infringement of copyright, patent rights, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights, trade secrets or proprietary rights of any third party. You and every other user of the Software hereby acknowledge that the Software is licensed without any warranty or guaranty, and assume all risks arising out of the absence of any warranty or guaranty. In the event the terms and conditions of this license are inconsistent with the obligations imposed upon you by judgment of a court or for any other reason, you may not use the software.
IPA shall not have any liability to you or to any third party for damages or liabilities of any nature whatsoever arising out of your use of or inability to use the software, whether of an ordinary, special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental nature (including without limitation lost profits) or otherwise, and whether arising out of contract, negligence, tortuous conduct, product liability or any other legal theory or reason whatsoever of any nation or jurisdiction.
4. You may not use the Software for purposes associated with any system for nuclear power related matters, air traffic control or other traffic control, medical, emergency or security related uses, or any other system which may pose a significant risk of loss of life, bodily injury or damage to property.
5. IPA will not conduct any support or maintenance of the Software.
6. This license of use of the Software shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction with respect to all disputes arising with respect thereto.
7. When you publish or present any results by using the Software, you must explicitly mention your use of "Japanese Dictation Toolkit".
(1) Kyoto University also reserves copyright of Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition Engine "Julius" (julius).
(2) Acoustic models (phone_m) are trained using the "ASJ Continuous Speech Corpus for Research" and "ASJ Continuous Speech Corpus -- Japanese Newspaper Article Sentences (JNAS)" edited by the Acoustical Society of Japan.
(3) Language models and lexicon (lang_m) are trained with "Mainichi Newspaper CD-ROM 1991-1997" (c) Mainichi Shimbun".
(4) Nara Institute of Technology reserves copyright of Japanese Morphological Analysis System "ChaSen" (morph/chasen).